So.. ur pregnant.. CONGRADULATIONS!! Now lets get real here, often times when the woman gets pregnant hubby/boyfriend/spouse gets put on the back burner.. I know I know.. I mean WE ARE the ones pushing a 7.. no 8.. no 9.. no maybe even 10 pound little one out our whoo hahs so really… I mean REAAALLLLLY does it matter if they’re put to the side a whee bit??
To be honest YES, the man is just as important in this journey as YOU ARE. I mean really you made this little one together didn’t you?? He’s ultimately the one who is going to be they’re threw the random crying sprees and every un-glamorous thing you didn’t even know about (don’t worry I’ll cover that on a later post) so for you guys out there I sat down and asked my Mr. what he didn’t realize would happen during my pregnancy.. SPOILER.. it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be!!
OK.. so in the movies they usually talk about ridiculous vomiting, crazy mood swings, cravings that knock him out of bed at 3 am, lack of sexual interest, and hair loss right?? These are five things he originally expected… But low and behold 5 things he didn’t expect..
1. She didnt wake me up or make me go get her food like I thought she would.. like what you watch in the movies, her cravings were actually pretty manageable.. some of them were still pretty gross though.. like raw onions. (Yes I know quite gross, but for some reason the last trimester I wanted to chomp on that they’re onion.. RAW)
2. NO ONE mentions that your going to fart more.. annnnddd so he was faced with the hard truth of me ripping some major butt puffs that NEITHER of us enjoyed.
3. Another thing no one mentions.. both DURING pregnancy and AFTER, your hormones are raging like crazy, therefore you SWEAT like an olympic athlete which again.. not so fun. can I say EWW?? say hello to 2 showers a day.. XD
4. You know how you watch those preggers movies and the girl is screaming at her husband while stuffing her face with a twinky and then 5 minutes later balling her eyes out begging for forgiveness?? Well According to hubby those movies re dramatized.. Although don’t worry I totally balled my eyes out randomly he said it was not nearly as bad as he was expecting.. Yay me!!
5. Ahhh SEX its what got you into these “Shenanigan’s” Right?? Don’t kid yourself.. its what happens when you do the NAST..AY. Anyways Personally our sex life didnt really change, even when I felt like a beached whale toward the end of pregnancy.. sex was well.. sexay as usual. =)
I will say I feel like the pregnancy was ALOT worse than what he remembers, but I guess that’s to be expected.. as a little secret.. your man’s t-shirts and jackets are WAY more comfortable than your own. 😉
AND as a last thought.. you men out they’re this was my hubby and I’s experience I have to say every pregnancy and individual is different.. but definately expect you shirts and sweaters to be stolen (It’s a comfort thing).. just remember support your boo threw the rough and the great.. It will all be WAY worth it in the end. 🙂